Error in pattern?

Guest MadiStitches

Question

Guest MadiStitches

Hi everyone. I bought a small leaflet with three patterns in it yesterday. You can see the patterns here:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...gory=11798

I am trying to make the top down a bit on the page, but the pattern doesn't make sense.

I am decreasing for the waist part, but only one side is decreasing...the other side is staying straight.

Has anyone made this top? If so...can you help me..is it an error or am I messing up.

TIA

Marg

5 answers to this question

From reading the pattern (decrease at end of every right side row) it sounds like you are doing it correctly. If you only decrease on the one side, it will not look even. It should work out in the end, the front should have the opposite side decreasing (when you put them together). I think I would keep going and see how it turns out! Let me know, please!

Guest MadiStitches

Ok....going to stick with the pattern. You knew about the decrease on every right side...do you have the pattern too?

I will definately let you know...I thought about it..and if I decreased on both sides of the back...don't think the puzzle would fit together....

Marg

Guest MadiStitches

I don't believe this....strange things happen when you actually "read" the pattern.

I am supposed to decrease at each end of the right side... duh :ohdear

Marg

Archived