Weaving in the ends....

Guest flyingmouse77

Question

Guest flyingmouse77

This seems to be one of those big crochet issues that you worry about until you get it right, and thankfully I've managed to do a pretty good job with solid color projects. I'm working on an afghan now that's made up of blocks. You use the main color to make most of the block, then do one round of the alternate color before going back to the main color. The problem is, how am I supposed to weave in my ends with so little crocheted area to work with? I'm managing, but I'd still like some advice so that maybe I can do a better job. When it's time to finish off the alternate color, all I have to work with are the nearby sc's and chain one spaces...

The Mouse

6 answers to this question

Guest SamplerLady
how am I supposed to weave in my ends with so little crocheted area to work with?

Very carefully. :) I don't mean to facetious, but that's pretty much the answer. I always use a blunt metal darning needle (huge eye) and make sure to pierce the yarn I'm weaving into so that it kinda grabs and holds it in place when being washed. It also has the benefit of hiding more of the yarn being woven in. :))

Guest flyingmouse77

Thanks, SamplerLady! :hug I had wondered if it would be okay to go through the yarn like that. I think you're right; the best advice for this is to do it very carefully! I'm going to crochet now and I'll give it a try!

Thanks!

The Mouse

Guest SamplerLady
that won't damage the yarn at all?
No, it doesn't. It's not slicing any of the plies just dodging between them to get them to hold on tight to the yarn. :))

Guest flyingmouse77

After a few tries that worked really well! The only other problem I'm having is that this is variegated yarn...lol So even weaving it into the work that's done in that color doesn't guarantee it matches! But thanks again for the tip!!

The Mouse

Guest SamplerLady
variegated yarn...lol So even weaving it into the work that's done in that color doesn't guarantee it matches!
Very true, but you are the only one in the world that will notice it. No one else will ever be able to find and after it's washed a couple times, I'm willing to bet you won't be able to find it either! :))

Archived