Pattern help--- still stumped... added more below.

Guest TShell

Question

does anyone think they can explain to me what this means. I followed the red directions below for the women, but there aren't enough sc's in the row to do all of that... so what do they mean? I'm confused... TIA!!

This is for the lion brand mittens:

Top Shaping: For Child and Woman <span style="font-family:times new roman; color:red;font-size:medium;">Woman Ch 1, sc2tog, sc in each of next 7 (10) sts, sc2tog, sc in each of next 8 (11) sts, sc2tog - 18 (24) sts; turn.</span> For All Sizes Ch 1, [sc2tog, sc in each of next 4 (5, 8, 11) sts, sc2tog] twice - 12 (14, 20, 26) sts; turn. Next Row Ch 1, sc in each sc across; turn. For Man Ch 1, (sc2tog, sc in each of next 9 sts, sc2tog) twice - 22 sts; turn. Next Row Ch 1, sc in each sc across; turn. For All Sizes Ch 1, sc2tog across; turn. Ch 1, sc in each rem 6 (7, 10, 11) sts. Leaving tail measuring approximately 10†long, cut yarn and fasten off. Thread tail into needle and back through back loops of rem sts. Pull up tightly to close opening and leave tail for sewing.

10 answers to this question

maybe, the directions are sooo bad with this project. Not clear at all. (No *'s telling me where to repeat from). because in one part it says to add a sc in the # whatever chain, then sc all across for the next row and do that 15 more times. But it doesn't say whether i had to repeat the add sc part or just the sc row. I'll try it again but do the increasing as well.

thanks

ok, maybe this will help me... these are the directions just before the ones above... what should i do here? Am i supposed to repeat the 2 sc in a stitch thing or not?

Palm Working across top of ribbing, sc 13 (17, 21, 25) evenly spaced across; turn. Next Row (WS) Ch 1, sc in each sc across and inc by working 2 sc in each of 3 (4, 6, 5) sts evenly spaced; turn - 16 (21,27,30) sts. Row 1 Ch 1, sc in each st; turn. Rep for 5 (9, 14, 16) more rows.

Next Row (WS) Ch 1, sc in each sc across and inc by working 2 sc in each of 3 (4, 6, 5) sts evenly spaced; turn - 16 (21,27,30) sts. Row 1 Ch 1, sc in each st; turn. Rep for 5 (9, 14, 16) more rows.

okay, my thoughts would be to repeat both of these rows 5 more times which would be a total of 10 rows......

right? because you are going for an increase in size, right?

i don't have that pattern, so look at it and if you think 10 more rows is too much, then it means

Row 1 Ch 1, sc in each st; turn.

this is the only row that will need to be repeated 5 more, for a total of 6 rows of this.

is the pattern a freebie? if so, post a link so i can look at it, please :rock i will just work it up with you and see if we can figure it out together :P

Guest ceeceecrochets

I can't believe this. About two months ago, I tried to make these mittens--my first attempt at reading a pattern--and it would not work! I thought it was me. I frogged them and the yarn became an part of an afghan instead.

i'm so sorry i wasn't able to work these up yesterday - my sissy is in from San Antonio and i unexpectedly had to spend the evening with her.....

i'm sorry:cry

i can try (hopefully) today at my mom's house.... family dinner - what fun.

we do it every year to celebrate our birthdays. me and all my sisters have our birthdays in the same week.

fun fun day for me :eek

happy birthday. Mine is today! when is yours?

don't worry about it, if you get to it you get to it. I'll give it one more shot before i try a different pattern.

thanks

Archived