Does anyone ever crack on you for your hobby?

I'm 20 years old and my mom is always saying that she gave birth to an old lady. She makes fun of all my yarn and the fact that I crochet where ever I go, yet, she wants hats, blankets, and scarves.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your friend didn't know that Vanna White Crochet's and knits and designs her own yarn did he?? I get wise cracks too. Where do you find the time?? Your house must suffer or your family. None of the above is true. While watching tv. I crochet. (I can't stand to have my hand still) I have a project I always keep in the van, for times I'm waiting on my husband in the hardware store or computer store or stuck in the Dr. office. My husband is in Chicago 5 days a week, and I make sure I spend plenty of time with him on the weekends. My house is clean. Not super neat, but clean. The laundry is kept up and the dishes don't pile up. I go for a bike ride in the evenings, and swim walk 2-3 miles every day. I even manage to fit Cyndi loo the rat "terror" into my day. She makes sure of it. lol And of course who do these people come to when they want something made. The ol' lady. I love it. I have a fun, well rounded life. After all isn't life about enjoyment and making time for the things we love to do.

I'm 30, and I love :crocheting!! My husband teases me about my hobby, though lovingly. He even told me he doesn't care how much yarn I buy!! He'll change his mind when he can't fit into the house because of the :yarn:yarn:yarn!:lol

I bought a crochet magazine a few weeks ago and there was an ad in the back for a chair lift for stairs. I felt a little discriminated against and thought it was pretty funny at the same time.

I haven't really had any negative comments from anyone. My work has always impressed people. I would like to see all those people who make fun of you to just try crocheting a doily! They may have a new found respect for your talent!:lol

I'm 20 years old and my mom is always saying that she gave birth to an old lady. She makes fun of all my yarn and the fact that I crochet where ever I go, yet, she wants hats, blankets, and scarves.

You keep on crocheting!!! I sometimes think that crochet is a "lost art" because I don't know anyone personally that can do it. Thank you for helping keep it alive! :cheer

You keep on crocheting!!! I sometimes think that crochet is a "lost art" because I don't know anyone personally that can do it. Thank you for helping keep it alive! :cheer

Oh, I will. I'm even teaching my little sister and some of her friends to crochet. She's eleven and they're all about her age. It's exciting to see young kids want to crochet.

Archived