Pot of Gold Purse Necklace

I originally posted this in in the pattern search forum, somebody was seeking something like this awhile back, so I came up with it. I figured I'd move it here, for next year.

Pot of Gold purse Necklace

post-11825-135897407802_thumb.jpg

Finish Size: 1 3/4 h x 1 1/4 w

Materials:

Small amount of WW yarn in Black, a multicolor (or green), yellow (or gold)

Size E hook

Yarn needle

Rnd 1: With black ch2, 6 sc in 2nd chain from hook. (6sc)

Rnd 2: [2sc in next st, 1 sc in next st] Do this 3 times. (9sc)

Rnd 3: 1 sc in each st around (9sc)

Rnd 4: [ 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, 2 sc in next st] Do this 3 times. (12sc)

Rnd 5: 1 sc in each st around. (12sc)

Rnd 6: sl st in the front loop only of next st, ch1, sc in same st, 1 sc in each of the next 11 sts working in the front loop only, join with sl st to first sc. (12sc)

Finish off and weave in ends.

Rnd 7: Join yellow with a sc into any of the back loops left free (from Rnd 5, you won't be working into any of the sts from Rnd 6), 1 sc in each of the next 11 back loops, join with sl st to first sc. (12sc)

Rnd 8: Ch1, 1 sc in same st as joining and in each of the next 11 sts, Join with sl st to first sc. (12sc)

Rnd 9: Ch1, 1 sc in same st as joining, ch1, skip next st, [sc in next st, ch1, skip next st] Do this 5 times, join with sl st to first st. (6sc, 6 ch1 spaces)

Finish off and weave in ends.

With multicolored yarn chain (tightly) however long you want the necklace and when you get to the lenght you want finish off. Weave the necklace part in and out of the ch1 space of Rnd 9.

Optional: Sometimes for little purses like these I use pony beads and I'll thread both ends of the necklace through it and slide it down to the purse. It helps keep the purse close and adds color.

If the purse you find is a little long just minus around. If you find it a little to narrow, increase to 12 rather than nine in rnd 2.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!

Copyright to Amelia Beebe AKA champygirl May 19, 2009. Do not claim this pattern as your own and do not sell the pattern. Do not copy and paste pattern to another website, please use a link. You can do whatever you want with the finish item you make. You can sell the finish item, or make it for charity, or make it as a gift. Whatever floats your boat. If you do sell the item online, do not use my photo, make your own and take a picture of that.

Archived