Spain - España ?

Hola Veronica! I am over in Belgium, but visit friends in Madrid fairly often! I've not found a yarn shop there yet - any suggestions? Gracias!

Hola Kimberly! :)

Well.. I´m in the haunt myself, but I got this address:

El Gato Negro

Plaza mayor, 30

Tel: 913 665 800

I´ve been told it´s a nice place, so next time I´m in the city (cause I live in a town in north, next to Guadalajara) I will go take a look :)

Have a nice day!

• 1 month later...

I've been to El Gato Negro yarn shop in Madrid and its really nice! They have the best selection I've seen abroad and v. cheap knitting needles! But the sizes are different from US sizes, so take your needle gauge with you to ensure you get the correct size you're looking for.

I've also been to another shop just down the street from the main El Cortes Ingles. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of it. Its only about a 5 minute walk from El Gato Negro - so look for the El Cortes Ingles w/ a public information booth - and head south on the main street there. Its down a few blocks on the corner. They also sell socks & other sewing items, but have a small, decent yarn selection.

See if El Gato Negro can order some Katia yarn for you (if they don't have it in stock) - its a yarn company from Barcelona and they've got lovely yarn!

Good luck!

Hi! I visited Madrid in May and saved the following addresses

- Gato Negro is the easiest to find and if you're on foot, there are at least two other yarns shops in that area. If you come out from the 'Sol' underground station and head towards Plaza Mayor, there's a tiny yarn shop on the corner (I'll have to check the map to give you the exact address but you should see it when coming out of the subway station). Then the Sixto

- LANAS SIXTO Calle Atocha, 9 [metro: Sol].

- DE PUNTILLAS Calle García de Paredes, 34 (Chamberí) and

calle José Abascal, 28

28003 Madrid

[metro: Iglesía] (pretty central)

One of these sells only yarn, the other one cross stitch kits - unfortunately I can't remember which is which but they're only a few hundred metres apart.

- INKE Calle Don Ramón de la Cruz, 47 (Salamanca)

[metro: Núñez de Balboa, Lista]

- KATIA calle Doctor Esquerdo, 54 bis

Metro: Saínz de Baranda

[a 10 minute walk from Ibiza metro station and Retiro

Park]

And http://www.maporama.com will pinpoint the addresses on the map. Happy hunting!

Archived