Sweater I'm Making.

Sonny321

Question

I'm Making a sweater for my mother in law using a pattern found in an older Crochet World Magazine from 1994.

I added a pic from the pattern in my photo Album under the heading "Sweater I'm Making"

photos.yahoo.com/falck321@sbcglobal.net

I'm changing it up quite a bit, I'm keeping the decorative bottom and sleeve cuffs but I'm changing the main pattern stitch to a simple double crochet, with some half double crochet on certain rows( the original, while pretty, feels too thick like a rug). I'm also chainging the hook size to a smaller one, it was turning out too big, and changing the type of yarn used to a thiner worsted weight(carron simply soft) and am seriously considering inserting a pretty lacy square to the front to add a little intrest since I am using a solid color and plain stitches just to liven it up a bit. I am also changing the length of the sweater to fall at the waist rather than below the bottom. My question is this: Would these be enough changes to be able to post this modified version of the pattern to the group?

I forgot to add that I'm also going to attempt to re do this pattern in an XXXL to fit My sis since I've figured out the multiple of the decorative stitch I should be able to do it with out too much hair pulling.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived