Getting the hang of Duplet

ferlingmule

So I just got two issues of Duplet, a Russian crochet magazine, but I neither understand Russian nor am used to the way Russian magazines are set up. The not understanding Russian part isn't too bad, because they have pretty good patterns I can follow. But I guess I'm too accustomed to how American crochet mags are set up, because this one, while having gorgeous color photos in the beginning, doesn't actually say which page the corresponding pattern is on, nor does it have how you put the patterns together to actually make a shirt, apparently assuming you can just look at the pictures and figure it out.

Anyhow, my point for this thread was that with such a large number of more experienced crocheters than myself, I was wondering if any of y'all we either already familiar with Duplet and might be able to give me some advice on how to go about reproducing the garments in the photos. I mean, is there any kind of tricks I, as a non-Russian-reading reader, can using in navigating around Duplet? Also... is there a better way of finding which photo goes with which pattern, other than by eye? I have all-lace issues and squinting to make out the detail in the pictures is kind of a pain.

Archived