Looking to Buy Gloves

JouJou

I am looking for someone who would be willing to make a pair of these fingerless gloves for me, for either trade for a crochet item or if I pay for them... I don't have money, so the most I could pay is like $10.00 -- I am willing to exchange a crocheted item. If I knew how to knit, I'd make my own, but I don't know how to knit, I just know how to crochet. :(

JouJou, why don't you learn to knit? If I had time to work on these I would do it for you but like most posters here not enough hours in the day. Why don't you make these a goal to knit yourself? You could start with a scarf move to a hat (for shaping) and then move on to these gloves. We would love to cheer you on as you learn and if you know how to crochet you can learn to knit :hug

I tried learning how to knit and it was very strange to me... I don't understand it at all... I don't understand how socks are made, or hats... Anything round or with shape is beyond me. I could knit a plain square, but that's about it.

Well, my question is, where do I get the right kind of yarn? I've never had to buy yarn for this kind of thing before... I've never made socks, etc...

I don't want striped colours either... I want like a gray colour.

And I know I'd have to find fingering weight yarn somewhere.

Thank you very much for the encouragement and the help... I really appreciate it. I really do want to knit, the most I've ever made is a scarf... Lol.

This is a good place to bookmark, it will help you figure out yarn weights, then when you go shopping you will know what number to look for. Some of the more expensive yarns don't have the numbers on them but will be labeled sock or fingering weight or whatever. It looks like you need 50 grams for this project. You can order the wool from Knit Picks, I found 2 pages on clearance here and here.

Patons makes a very nice fingering weight yarn here and here, you should be able to find those at Michaels.

Most of the fingering/baby weight yarn I have found from Red Heart was too pastel for me. Once you understand what it is you are looking for it becomes a lot easier. I do remember how hard it was when I first started too!

Thank you very much... I really appreciate it... That first link to the wool is awesome... Only $1.79 - $1.99 per skein... Amazing! I think I might order some of that. I really hope I can make these gloves, I will be so sad if I order the yarn and I can't do it. :(

Well, my question is, where do I get the right kind of yarn? I've never had to buy yarn for this kind of thing before... I've never made socks, etc...

I don't want striped colours either... I want like a gray colour.

And I know I'd have to find fingering weight yarn somewhere.

Thank you very much for the encouragement and the help... I really appreciate it. I really do want to knit, the most I've ever made is a scarf... Lol.

Hey ......uh over here waving hand :cheer me me I just started knitting I can crochet but well knitting I made it harder than it really is bet you are too,You just have to do the basics first can you knit and purl increase and decrease if not there are many tutorials and videos free here on the net, try the instruction videos for Continental knitting cause you use your left hand much like you do in crocheting to move the yarn.

I know they work it is how I learned.

Go to a local Knit In lots of stores do them as do coffee shops book shops etc . lots of helpful ladies will put you on the right track no lessons necessary Local yarn shops have knitters night outs not lessons so they are free go observe ask questions be noisy.

Don't be afraid to ask for help ..............

Go to a local Knit In lots of stores do them as do coffee shops book shops etc . lots of helpful ladies will put you on the right track no lessons necessary Local yarn shops have knitters night outs not lessons so they are free go observe ask questions be noisy.

What a great suggestion!

Sounds good... I have some baby yarn that is fingering weight, and I was thinking I could practice on that before I attempt to actually make a pair of those gloves.

So, any advice for me for making the gloves?

Read thru the pattern any stitches or instructions you aren't familiar with??

I read thru it and you need to understand casting stitches on casting them off,

knit stitch and purl stitch , picking up and knitting stitches , increasing in the stitch indicated, placing markers where told and turning when told to in the pattern.

Working stocking knit stitch ( one row knit one purl row) and rib stitch

That's it ......oh and sewing up the thumb, side seams and finger edges..

anything you don't understand ask here and we can point you to the definition or appropriate tutorial.

I haven't started yet... I am working on a crocheted shawl at the moment, so when I am finished with that, then I will attempt to make the gloves.

Archived