Anyone from Downeast Maine on here??

Hello! I just recently moved to downeast Maine from Michigan. I'm hoping to find a local crochet group around here. I'm pretty much in the middle of nowhere, Harrington, and I am hoping to find some fellow crocheters to get together with! Please let me know if you're out there!!:crocheting

:jumpyayI'm in Machias!!!! I have a dance studio here (just had the recital yesterday), and am finding a lot of my dance moms either knit or crochet. I was thinking about starting a crochet group. Have you been to The Wooly Barn, our local yarn shop? :yarn It's small, but the owner, a young mother of two, is very willing to special order. Also Elmer's Discount in Columbia (or is it Columbia Falls? I keep getting them mixed up) has more mainstream yarn -- a lot closer than JoAnn's & AC Moore in Bangor :drive. I am origanally from Milford, Maine, and moved here @ 8 years ago. If you enjoy a quiet lifestyle, and don't mind going without the ammenities of city life, you'll love it here! PM me so we can get together.

:woo

Mmm, I miss that area. Though I only lived there for a year for college, it was so beautiful and just the right pace of life.

I hope I can move back to Maine when I'm done with the overseas life, but we'll see where I land when that happens.

• 1 month later...

:hiAmazing - You're in Machias. Where's your studio? I'm up there frequently now but I never heard of Machias till my son discovered UMM. He went to college there and now lives in East Machias with his fiancee. They bought a house there and are getting married on August 9, so I'll be up there. I've never checked out the Wooly Barn but I have been to Elmer's & Shirley's in Ellsworth :drool(I always stop on my trips if I can). Maybe I can get to the Wooly Barn on this trip. I don't think I could get used to life w/o nearby amenities. I live in CT so I'm spoiled. Driving 60 miles to get to WalMart, then drive home is not my idea of fun. Especially in the winter. But then again, it is beautiful & not all the hustle & rush I have here. I hope you get a group of crocheters/knitters together. I might know a few younger women there who would be interested too.

:jumpyayI'm in Machias!!!! I have a dance studio here (just had the recital yesterday), and am finding a lot of my dance moms either knit or crochet. I was thinking about starting a crochet group. Have you been to The Wooly Barn, our local yarn shop? :yarn It's small, but the owner, a young mother of two, is very willing to special order. Also Elmer's Discount in Columbia (or is it Columbia Falls? I keep getting them mixed up) has more mainstream yarn -- a lot closer than JoAnn's & AC Moore in Bangor :drive. I am origanally from Milford, Maine, and moved here @ 8 years ago. If you enjoy a quiet lifestyle, and don't mind going without the ammenities of city life, you'll love it here! PM me so we can get together.

:woo

Archived