Wanted crochet lite hooks, but I found this!

We were in Lowe's today, and GUESS WHAT I found? A baseball cap with a concealed button that turns on two LED lights on the brim! LOL! Lightbulbs went off in my head, and I immediately thought, "I can crochet in the car at night!!!! WOOHOOO!"

Anyway, just sharing my goofy idea.... (((((HUGS))))) sandi

:yay:yay:yay

Sandi - I am going to Lowes tomorrow to get more top soil for a place we are patching and planting grass - sooooo I will look for these - where abouts were they in the store???? Do tell!!! :lol

I saw a gal last summer at the camp ground we were at who was wearing one from Cabelas and it had 3 lights off the front and the light thingy was clipped onto the hat - it was a little awkward - this built in kind sounds great!

She used it while walking the dog to see where she was headed and such - I , like you did, immediately thougth - CRAFT LITE! :idea:idea:idea

I still like my crochet lite hooks for when I don't feel like wearing a hat though!

Thanks for the tip!;)

These were in the section with the tools~my darling was looking at ratchets (sp?) and such, and they were under $7! It was very well concealed and not AT ALL bulky~you would not know in a glance that this cap had lights. (((((HUGS))))) sandi~so glad y'all are as nuts as I am~LOL!

I'd read a blog which mentioned stitch n pitch (funny, I wasn't looking up craft related blogs at the time) and raved about hat-lights 'saving the day' when stadium lights didn't automatically come on at dusk. Not enough light to blind you, but more than enough to do detail hand work. Neat, I thought. A ouple of months later, I found the clip-on hat-light at Walgreens or CVS (I went looking for a screwdriver - why can't I ever find the ones I already own?). Got one for me, one for my dad (not yarn related, but his hobbies do have detail work), and my sister. I don't like the kind that clip to glasses or ears (hard enough time keeping my glasses on with the embroidery mag-lenses on them - gotta' get those bifocals soon LOL) but I've got caps I otherwise never get to wear :-)

Thanks for that review, SaxDragon! I'm really gonna hafta get one of these, aren't I? I did see another hat like this in the K-Mart tool section, but I didn't like it quite as much. It was almost $14 and had a switch in the back that was harder to operate than the visor toggle of the other. (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Archived