Project ideas for the plane ride?

The last time we went to Disney World, I crocheted a whole bunch of dishcloths on the plane. I was a bit crowded so I was glad my yarn and projects didn't take up much room. :)

I had only brought blunt-tipped scissors for my daughters (who were in the next aisle with my husband) so I used those to snip my yarn. I do remember losing a yarn needle or two - dropped 'em and couldn't find 'em. :think

Have a nice trip! :D

On my flight to Paris I crocheted the Garden Scarf from snb the Happy Hooker. It was easy and only requires 3 small skeins of yarn. Easy to carry and store in a small bag. The One-skein Scarf in another one of my favorites from the book!

Anymore when I travel by plane I take a small padded self-addressed stamped envelope on the off-chance that the security person might be having a bad day and want to take any of my stuff. I had my folding scissors necklace confistcated (before 9/11) and didn't have an envelope at that time. Bummer! I also now travel with 2 plastic hooks (one packed, just in case, one in carry-on) and since then I've had no trouble. I dropped a hook on the plane once and just about dislocated my shoulder trying to retrieve it! LOL!!

Wow. Thanks for the info everybody. I'll be flying for the first time in about a week and was planning on just carying on my set of aluminum hooks, but looks like I'll check most of those. I know they can't complain about hooks in the checked luggage since you can carry knives there (I have to take some with me for work). :hook

I was thinking about making some of the paperback covers by Priscilla Hewitt that Rachel from CPC posted. http://hometown.aol.com/lffunt/paperbacktotes.html I was also thinking about doing the cover for the comfort pack Donna came up with. (also on CPC.) http://crochetme.com/patterns/comfort-pack :manyheart

Thanks again for the info.

Hmmm... maybe I'll have to just finish up those socks for DH... finally :devil

Archived