Warm climate crochet

Where at in NC? I live on the border of North and South Carolin in the Charlotte area. We still get cold enough here to crochet afghans, wear hats, scarves, sweaters. I have wondered the same thing though because two of my sons and their families have moved to California where it is sooo warm. It is hard to make things for them like I used to.

During the summer I try to control my impulse to work on afghans and work on smaller projects, or squares to make a larger project with (afghan compulsions...) Also, I crochet with thread around burp cloths and receiving blankets... I also make super cotton pot holders (usable ones) that I manage to stain up or give away (sister loves them and wants them as well) and need to make more by summer.

I am always cold in air conditioning, so I take shawls to church as a little blanket to protect me, so I crochet thin shawls for summer.

Hope that helps.

Linda

I'll be in south eastern NC - about 40 min north of Wilmington in a very rural area. I expect that I'll really enjoy the warmer weather as I am very tired of super cold and snowy long winters.

I guess I'll have to get lots of cotton yarn for the summers!!

Archived