Should I finish?

I did want to do a king size thread beadspread for myself,:eek but after reading this I may change my mind. I really need to rethink the amount of time needed. Ahhhh, I'm going to start it anyway.:yes

I started a extra-long-twin size blanket for my husband in August of 2006 that was supposed to be his Christmas present that year, but by then I only had about 3 rows of squares done out of nine. So when we got engaged I figured I'd make it queen size so we could still use it and that I'd have it ready for our wedding night. That was last May, and I was so proud of myself that I reached the halfway point at Christmas that I haven't worked on it since. It's been about a year and a half, so in another two, it should be done, right?;)I've had to put it down so many times, but working with squares it seems like you get something done every time you finish one. I don't think I could get even a quarter as far as you did making it in one piece.

A friend wanted to make us an afgan for our wedding but didn't have time, so she gave us an IOU. We still haven't gotten it and I know it bothers her to no end, but it is far more important to us that she was there than that she had something to give.:manyheart

Archived