Yarn Splurge...

RosiePosie

Hi all,

I've never posted in this section before but I decided I needed the help of experienced knitters on this one ;)

Posh Yarn updates its stock today at 6pm (that is, 6pm over here, I don't know if that will confuse everyone else) and I've been drooling over everything in their shop

Now, there are plenty of reasons why not to splurge - such as existing (but not at all as nice) stash, and not having a suitable pattern in mind. Not to mention all my money should be spent on text books, and my neighbor gets upset when things get delivered to her when I'm not in. However the question remains - to splurge or not to splurge?

And also, if I do, I'd love to try my hand at lace knitting for the first time, but can anyone recommend a good shawl pattern for beginners? And WHICH COLORS DO I WANT??? :eek

I wish I could help, but I go in to the store for specific yarn, and 30 minutes later I'm still debating over which one I want. Those are some very popular yarns on that site!

As far as shawls, I think the one on that site is nice, and also you might check knitty.com and magknits. Colors... hmmm... that's the toughest part for sure.

Textbooks sure do get in the way of yarn spending.

That's my problem too - when I've got it there in person, it takes me aaaages to decide. No one will shop with me!

I ended up hedging my bets and getting one skein of sock yarn - not too much money and at least I know I can knit socks. I'd love to give lace knitting a go soon, though. I looked at the patterns on knitty, most of which are stunning, but I don't know what's too complicated and what isn't.

As for textbooks, its like they don't want me to be able to afford to knit or something! I mean, who needs books when they have warm feet?!

Archived