Dyeing thread results???

mountainangel

There are a number of posts with questions about wanting to dye cotton crochet thread. I would like to try this also. But, I was wondering if any of those who posted or anyone else has pic's of there final results. I would really like to see what it may look like before I try it.

I ran into the same problem you did, lots of questions about it, but not a lot of results to be found. I just decided to jump in and see how it worked out. For my first attempt, I bought a tye-dye kit that had 3 colors in it and included the soda ash, for about $10. I mixed the colors to come up with more than the 3 in the kit. Here's the results from that...

th_HPIM0227.jpgth_HPIM0226.jpg

Here's a pic of some that I did back in November on the drying rack...

th_Dryingthread.jpg

And finally, here is a picture of a doily I just finished using some of my hand-dyed thread...

th_Amaretto3.jpg

I used Aunt Lydia's Light Peach for the solid color, and my colorway was seafoam/peach/wisteria dyed on an ecru-based thread that made it look sort of antique-y.

It's a lot of fun, and as I have discovered, you don't have to be very precise about the color placement, the end result is pretty cool. I have only made one colorway that made me go :yuck, but for all I know, someone else would love it!

Hope that helps!

Archived