Countdown to the Crochet/Fiber Arts Launch

I am getting so ansy (in a good way). I am awaiting two events which will mark my return to fiber arts, i.e., crocheting among the top choices. The first event is a Craft-A-Thon some girlfriends and I are planning to have over my house on the 23rd. You know how people always say, "Let's get together?" Yet no one actually plans the get-together? Well, I figured, "Hey, let's get together and everybody do what they do. Short Stuff Lil Bit crochets and knits, Miss A. crochets I think (she does something), Miss D latch hooks and crochets, and I crochet and knit (but will be crocheting for my launch).

The second event is commencement (12/07). After I finish this graduate program I will have more time (mentally) for fiber arts. I am so looking forward to it and have been hoarding yarns, hooks, books, hook cases, patterns = everything I need to restart the love I cultivated long ago as a child.

I have a WIP from last summer which should have been completed to wear in July (double duh). That will be the second thing I will complete B4 this year is out. I'm claiming it. It is a white shawl with gold thread running throughout.

I will share 4-1-1 about C-ville with them that night.

Thanks you all for being a fierce presence on the WWW. :cheer

Alrighty! It's so much more fun to crochet when you can get together with others. I go over to my oldest sister's a couple nights a week for dinner, then coffee and crochet. She, her housemate and I all crochet, so it's really nice.

Ahhh, but you're in Brooklyn. How cool is that? You guys have the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society there. I visited Brooklyn once a long time ago. Nice place I do recall. :cheer

Archived