Tip for Tight Crocheters

This tip isn't the greatest but it does work and most people have the materials at hand. lol I crochet so tight that a lot of times I develop a crease in my finger from the tension. Its never actually cut me but it came close last night when I was working with thread!

Wrap a bandaid-doesn't matter whose brand, color, etc-around the finger you use to guide your yarn. I can confirm that it doesn't work forever-I have worked long enough that I get a crease under the bandaid! :lol

Its a cheap, fast way to keep on crocheting for a little longer. :hook

I crochet really tight too, i cant seem to change! Ive burnt my finger many times and thought of the band-aid idea as well (didnt know other people had this problem too). The stretchy band aids work best for me, the type of bandaid that is a fabric and not plastic as the yarn/string seems to slide better on it, and the fabric allows you to bend your finger a little more comfortable too. :)

One of us tight crocheters needs to create something! Maybe use that string elastic and crochet a finger cosy? That would have give for bending fingers and even when they are swollen for some reason you could still get it on.

Other ideas?

Archived