Copyrights, theft etc

I've read many posts about people selling patterns that are not their own on ebay, esty etc. The best any of us can do is to report any violations we see. There are not many of us little guys that can afford to hire an attorney to go after violators. However, if someone is bold enough to steal from a little designer they will probably try for the bigger designers eventually.

It's the bigger publishers/designers that are going to have the money for attorneys to subpoena records from ebay etc and put a stop to these violators.

The one post that really stands out is the esty shop that has been offering PDF files of patterns that have been previously published by bigger companies. If Annies or Liesure Arts or whoever she's stealing from, is aware, they will go after her. They have to be informed of it though.

There will always be people who do things like this. There really isn't much we can do to stop them. The more safeguards we put up to prevent it the more creative they become with their theft.

Just my 2 cents.

Sheryl

I agree with you.

I contacted Leisure Arts today about the one you are talking about. We can hope that they will pursue it as they do have the lawyers to take them on.

I hope that everyone will think twice.

Please watch out for those of us who offer our patterns for free. Someday people might not be able to do this as people abuse our kindness.

Archived