AA quick stitch simple slippers #874151

sfgwife

I got this as a raok for the holidays in july and I do LOVE the skippers in this one however in ALL of the pattern the gauge is WRONG! UGH! I have tried making 4 pairs from this book and let me tell you big foot could wear the largest size. The smallest size that I was making for my SP fit DH and he wears a size 10.5 in mens shoes. I checked gauge on each pair and I was spot on for mine even a tad smaller for them but I like for mine to be a little small so when you wear them and they stretch out they still fit good and they were all way way off. I sent an email and got a phone call today about them. Talked to a nice lady and she looked as well adn was like yes for the gauge it would make the smallest sole for these 10 inches. Well the pattern says 8 inches so these are off by like 1.50-2.0 inches for the soles so you get the drift.... big and really big here. She said that this booklet was some from other books that they liked and republished into one booklet. BUT just wanted to let you ladies know that if you do get them even the smallest size will fit a man foot so beware. I said something to the effect that you may want to pull these adn re-do them gauge so that you don't get anymore calls about this (said mine was the first she had for this booklet and I really find that hard to believe) because some people will be very not happy esp if they aren't as experienced as me and can figure out what to do to make them work since they are "simple slippers" At first she tried to tell me not to double yarn or use smaller yarn and I said it shouldn't matter what kind of yarn I use as long as I am on gauge and finally she conceded that I was right. But I really don't think they will have plans of re-doing these just the jist of the conversation I had with the lady.

Archived