any charity groups in carroll county Maryland?

Guest psychosharona

Guest psychosharona

:?any charity groups get together in Carroll county Maryland to make things for charitiy? I get really jealous when I see others that have groups that meet. I used to belong to a group that would sell things we made to raise money for their Church, I really want to donate locally if possible, there are so many needs everywhere it gets overwelming sometimes. Thanks Sharona in Westminster.

Guest SamplerLady

mmouseplus.gifContact the hospitals. Generally the NICU needs blankets and hats for the preemies.

Then check homeless shelters, women's shelters. They always need stuff.

Also check with the American Leigon and VFW. I work at the Veterans Hospital in Washington DC-not too far from you. The patients really appreciate lapghans in crochet. They get them from kind volunteers associated with Veterans service organizations. The afghans are the perfect size to use in their wheelchairs, and they use the larger ones to personalize thier beds. These make such a difference, to walk into a patient's room and see a colorful, cheerful afghan. Babies are important, but remember our Vets, too.

• 6 months later...

Hello Sharona -

I am happy to report that there IS a crochet/knitting group in Carroll County - actually right IN Westminster!! We meet Tuesday evenings from 6:30 till 8:30/9:30 at the Gathering Grounds Coffee House in Westminster! Just bring your hooks and hope to see you there!!

• 7 months later...
:?any charity groups get together in Carroll county Maryland to make things for charitiy? I get really jealous when I see others that have groups that meet. I used to belong to a group that would sell things we made to raise money for their Church, I really want to donate locally if possible, there are so many needs everywhere it gets overwelming sometimes. Thanks Sharona in Westminster.

Hi Sharona - I replied a while ago and never heard back - there IS a charity crochet group in Westminster. We are called Hugs & Stitches and have met at the Gathering Grounds Coffee House - which is why I am writing again. We are moving to another location. We will start meeting at the Westminster Bible Church on Gorsuch Road every Tuesday from 6:30-8:30 p.m. starting January 17. If you have any questions, please call Sandi @ 410-848-8860 THANKS

• 1 month later...

Hi Sharona - I never did hear back from you and hope you return to this sight some day! There IS a group in Westminster - we just had our ONE YEAR celelbration yesterday! :cheer (3/7) Unfortunately - we had to move from the church and are now meeting at Summerville Senior Living on Route 32 (Washington Road) and we still meet Tuesdays at 6:30 - we'd love to have you come join us! :hug Hope to meet you one of these days!

Archived