FBB Handle ?

KLO

Question

I, like so many, fell in love with the Fat Bottom Bag. I'm making one in black and white, black on both ends and white in the middle. Today in Hobby Lobby I found some handles on clearance that just matched this purse. The only problem is they are half round with the little slots to attach them. No where near what I have seen others do with this bag. Do any of you have any ideas on how I could use these handles? Like I said the color, black and white design, is so perfect I really want to figure this out!!

Thanks so much for any help you can give me!

1 answer to this question

After pondering on this I think I figured it out, at 2:00 am! Woke up with this in my head so I got up to write it down, if I hadn't I know I would have forgot it!

Variation of handle flap on FBB:

Work rows 1 and 2 as directed.

Row 3:Ch 1, sc in 1st st, sc2tog in next 2 sts. Sl st across to last 5 sts, sc2tog over next 2 sts, sc in last st, ch 2, turn.

Rows 4-6: Ch 2, hhdc in next 3 sts, turn leaving rest of sts unworked. Ch 2 hhdc in next 3, continue for next 4 rows. Ch 1, turn.

Row 7:Sc in all 3 sts. Fasten off leaving a sewing thread.

At other end of purse, at end of row 3, join yarn with sl st, ch 2 and continue as in Rows 3-7 above.

This makes two tabs to go thru slots on purchased handles.

Insert tabs thru slot on handle and sew using sewing length, making sure it's well sewn for strength.

Repent for other side.

Archived