Star Stitch

mika

Question

I'm having major problems with the star stitch from the 63 easy to crochet pattern stitches combine to make an heirloom afghan. First of all it doesnt' look anything like the picture. I'm not having a problem with the beginning star the problem is with the next stars...it says to ch 1, work star as follows: insert hook in eyelet of last star and pull up a loop, insert hook in same sc as last st of last star and pull up a loop, insert hook through last 2 loops on left side of last star and pull up a loop, insert hook in same sc as last st of last star and pull up a loop, (insert hook in next sc and pull up a loop) twice, YO and draw through all 6 loops on hook, ch 1 to close star and form eyelet (star made). Well if I do all of what they are saying it's very thick and what is confussing is the placement of the hook on last 2 hoops of last star. Then to make matters worst the turn around where do you place the sc and make 25 of them in the star out of the star......if anyone can help me with this I sure would appreicate it. I have looked on the internet and no where does it show using the last 2 hoops from the last star in the instructions. Help...please.

8 answers to this question

I had already checked that website and the instructions are different. It comes out right but what they tell you to do there are not enough sc stitches to make all the star stitches. It's just very confussing. Is there anyone out there that has done this 63 easy stitches afghan? And if you have how did you make this square.......thank you for any help.

...it says to ch 1, work star as follows:

insert hook in eyelet of last star and pull up a loop,

insert hook in same sc as last st of last star and pull up a loop,

insert hook through last 2 loops on left side of last star and pull up a loop,

(insert hook in next sc and pull up a loop) twice, YO and draw through all 6 loops on hook, ch 1 to close star and form eyelet (star made).

Well if I do all of what they are saying it's very thick and what is confussing is the placement of the hook on last 2 hoops of last star. Then to make matters worst the turn around where do you place the sc and make 25 of them in the star out of the star......if anyone can help me with this I sure would appreicate it. I have looked on the internet and no where does it show using the last 2 hoops from the last star in the instructions. Help...please.

I jumped ahead to this square to check out the pattern.

First of all, I found these two lines backwards:

Reverse the order of these two lines and it should work.

As for the 25 sc across, I had to place the last stitch in the top of the ch3 from the last row.

I edited this post to say that I went ahead and added line breaks to better see each instruction for the stitch....

Thanks remclave I am going to get to work on it this evening and I will let you know how it turns out....but I do have one more question when I do the sc for the next row where do I insert the hook in the eyelet, after the eyelet or both. Thanks again.

Linda

From Ohio

Thanks remclave I am going to get to work on it this evening and I will let you know how it turns out....but I do have one more question when I do the sc for the next row where do I insert the hook in the eyelet, after the eyelet or both. Thanks again.

Linda

From Ohio

Just like this...

...work star as follows:

insert hook in eyelet of last star and pull up a loop,

(insert hook in next sc and pull up a loop) twice,

YO and draw through all 6 loops on hook,

ch 1 to close star and form eyelet (star made).

:cheerEven though it doesn't look like much initially, after a couple rows it suddenly starts to pop! :D

Hi Remcleve,

Thank you so much for all your information and with your help the star stitch turned out very nicely. Thanks again for all your help.

Linda

From Ohio

This stitch made me cry "Uncle!!" I was testing a pattern for Lisa (Crochet Garden) and had to drop out because i just couldn't "get" the stitch. Good luck, hon!

:hug,

Lorry

Archived