Graph:Bellflower Rug

beefcrochets

Question

I am attempting to crochet a <A HREF="http://www.crochetme.com/June_July_2005/patt_bellflower_rug.html">Bellflower Rug</A> out of t-shirts, but I'm confused about the instructions. Starting with round 3, it says to follow the graph, but the graph doesn't give me any indication of where to start. I'm a bit confused on how to proceed. I'm sure it's simpler if you're a seasoned crocheter, but I'm a seasoned knitter trying to enhance my crochet skills. Help me with this pattern please!

2 answers to this question

At the end of Rnd 2 it says to "Ch 1, sl st to join and sl st across to space."

There are 3 corners illustrated on the chart. The rounds all begin in the corner on the left side of the picture, between the two points of the star. If you look at the chart there is a small circle where you did the sl st to join, and then 3 small colored in circles that represent the slip stitches across to the space. There are 3 little stacked circles that represent the chain 3 that start the round. You can see them on each round. That is your starting point for each round.

Hope that helps

Right now, after finishing round 2, I have what looks like a small star. That's the shape it made when I finished. After I slip stitch that first corner of the star, will it look more like a pentagon? Am I working each point individually? What you've told me helps me out a bit more, but I need to find a tutorial online that will help me figure out how to read the chart. How do I know when to move onto the next round?

Archived