Having trouble with comfort pack pattern

Stacey

Question

Doofus alert :blush I'm having trouble with some instructions near the end of Donna's comfort pack pattern...

http://www.crochetme.com/Apr_May_2005/patt_comfort_pack.html

I'm having trouble in the round after the one where you make the buttonholes (B3) but listed B2 as well for context:

Round B2: Sc in 1st sc (move st marker to this st), sc in next 5 sc, (ch 2, skip next 2 sc, sc in next 6 sc) 4 times, sc in each remaining sc around (75 sc). The buttonholes should now be evenly spaced across front of pack (Figure 4).

Round B3: Sc in 1st sc (move st marker to this st), (sc decr, 3 sc in ch-2 sp, sc decr, sc in each of next 2 sc) 4 times, sc in each remaining sc around, working in 4 sc decr evenly spaced among the remaining sc (67 st).

Okay, where am I going wrong? In round B3, after I sc in the 1st sc, there are 5 more sc before the ch-2 space, right? So after the sc decrease there should be 3 sc left before the ch-2 space, but the instructions seem to jump right to the 3 sc in the ch-2 space? Am I supposed to skip those three stitches (that didn't look right, though) or sc in them? Or am I reading it altogether wrong? :think

Please help!

3 answers to this question

Oops! Thank you so much for catching that error, Stacey! :sweat Definitely a typo on my part. Yes, you do sc in those three sc. The instructions should read:

Round B3: Sc in 1st sc (move st marker to this st), sc in next 3 sc, (sc decr, 3 sc in ch-2 sp, ......

:ty That's a huge help! I was sure it was me LOL since usually if I can't figure out a pattern it's because I misread the directions, and once I read something wrong I usually keep reading that way over and over.

Thanks again! Off to finish up the up the last few rounds! :ty

Archived