Edging/Round Ripple

andersonsrus

Question

4 answers to this question

I found these instructions from NATCAT.

Here is the way I made the shell edging,

~~Scalloped edging for the round ripple afghan~~

** I went by this when I made the edge for the rainbow round ripple.

** I made 7 stitches in each tip, skipped a stitch, then slip stitch in the next stitch, made 5 DC(with a G hook) in the next stitch( shell), & where we skipped the 2 stitches in the valley when we were making the round ripple?? well instead of skipping them, I slip stitched into the stitches I skipped before, when I was making the round ripple. then it all depends on how big your round ripple is. Mine had 31 rows, so I got 5 shells in each side.

**The last RR I just got finished, had 37 rows, but I didn't make any scallops on it, the next RR one I will:hook

Another edging. This one by Lov2Crochet.

This is the edging I did:

Slip stitch in next dc, ch 3, 8dc in same st, skip next 2 dc, sc in next dc. *^(skip next 2 dc, 9 dc in next dc, skip next 2 dc, sc in next dc) across to last dc before ch-2 sp, skip next dc, 9 dc in next ch-2 sp, skip next dc, sc in next dc, skip next 2 dc, 9 dc in next dc, (skip next 2 dc, sc in next dc, skip next 2 dc, 9 dc in next dc) across to last dc of same section, sc in sp between sections, skip next dc ^, 9 dc in next dc, skip next 2 dc, sc in next dc; repeat from * 6 more times, then repeat from ^ to ^ once, join with slip st to firt dc, finish off.

Here's Chrome Kitty's edging:

Hi Everyone,

I've been stalking this CAL to see everyone's RRs. They all look great. I love seeing all the different color combos people come up with. I read that someone was wondering about the scalloped border on mine. How you make the shells really depends on how many stitches you end up with when you're done. My last round had 16 stitches on each side of each point. I made shells of 5dcs up the sides and 7dcs at the point. Starting at the valley, I skipped the two that you'd skip in a normal round, then did *(slip stitch, skip one, shell, skip one)3x, slip stitch, then skip two, 7dc shell at point, skip two, (slip stitch, skip one, shell, skip one)3x, slip stitch and that brings you back to the valley where you skip the last one of the "down" and the first one of the "up" and repeat from *.

Of course if you have more or less stitches in the final round, you'll have more or fewer shells. You can do the shells differently to adjust to whatever your end count is. The first attempt I did was shell, skip two, sc, skip two, shell, skip two, sc, etc which worked out perfectly for the number of stitches I had, but I wanted a rounder shell so I changed the number of skipped stitches and switched to a sl st. My advice is just trial and error until you find something you like that corresponds to your number of stitches. If I can be of any help with this, let me know. Keep those beautiful ripples coming!:hug

Starghan edging by MUDPIE.

Kelli, it's a very simple edging, but depending on the number of stitches you have on your last row, you may need to skip an extra stitch occasionally to make it fit. First, you single crochet around the entire edge, putting 3 sc in each chain space at the points, and single crocheting 2 together twice in each valley. You make a shell: ch 3, dc, ch 2, 2 dc in next stitch, skip 3 sc. *2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc in next stitch, skip 3 sc. Repeat from * around. Then you do a row of picot like this: You will make 1 sc in each dc around. In each ch 2 space you will make 2 sc, ch 3, slip stitch in the base of the chain, 2 sc . That's all there is to it.

Archived