Clothespin bag

xjlisa

Question

I got tired of looking for a nice clothespin bag that will last, so I thought I would make one. Now I am confused with the directions. I have finished row 6, now what do I do?

ROW 1: Ch 30, sc in 2nd ch from hk and in each ch across. Ch 1, turn.

ROW 2: Sc in each sc. Ch 1, turn.

ROWS 3-6: Rep Row 2.

Begin working in rounds >

RND 1: Working around entire piece...sc in each sc across, placing 3 sc in the corner. Sc in end of each row, 3 sc in next corner. Sc in each rem unworked lp of each foundation ch. 3 sc in corner. Sc in end of each row placing 1 additional sc in the same st as the 1st sc made. Join with sl st in 1st sc. Ch 2, Do Not Turn.

What I am not sure about is the rounds. Do I fold the rows up to each other and crochet them together, or sc back across making row 7 but where does that make the "corner" then?:think

I thought I was pretty good at reading directions, but this has me so confused! :eek

2 answers to this question

Lets say the piece is laying flat on a table. Crochet across the top of it then make 3 sc in the last stitch. Now crochet down the left side and make 3 sc at the bottem. Then crochet across the bottem of the piece making 3 sc in the last stitch and then crochet up the right side making the 1 extra stitch in the last corner and slip stitch to the first crochet.

Archived