Ripple baby blanket from Michaels

marrazin

Question

Hi ladies,

I've arrived at this board seeking help with a pattern from Michaels...it's located here: http://www.michaels.com/art/online/projectsheet?pid=25033&categoryid= (Sorry, I forget the tags for embedded links.)

Has anyone made this blanket? I'm totally stumped by this pattern. I keep thinking I'm reading the pattern correctly, at least there's nothing about the way the pattern reads that I don't understand, but as I'm working up the gauge swatch, it's not coming out like the picture. First of all, on Row 2, I end up with 2 extra sc at the end. The number of stitches on Row 4 never adds up correctly either. And my biggest question is this (I hope I can word it correctly): how is it possible to get the puff stitches to "line up" vertically, row after row, when there is a sc worked into each puff st and sp, even though the original/foundation puff stitches were worked into just 5 sc? In other words, on Row 2, I've got [puff st in next sc, ch 1] 5 times, so that's in 5 sc. On Row 3, working into those stitches, I'll have [sc in puff st and sp] 5 times. That makes 10 sc. So on the next round of puff stitches, I've got [puff st in next sc, ch 1] 5 times, but there are 10 sc on this section of the row to work in, versus 5 sc on the foundation row (Row 2) so that row of puff stitches doesn't line up with the ones of Row 2, and therefore the ripple is off.

Does that make any sense? :lol I MUST be missing something, but I can't figure out what! Help!!

Thanks!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived