Happy Hooker Fuzzy Bunny Slippers sizing help

Jase

Question

I have the book, I've been working and working and I can't get the sizing right. I'm trying to convert it down to a child's size 1-2 and I'm working with http://www.yarndex.com/yarn.cfm?yarn_id=779 and using an J hook. I don't usually have problems like this, but maybe I'm having a hard time counting the stitches due to the fuzziness of the yarn. And I haven't made them in the regular size so I admit I don't know the correct size to begin with which could be the biggest problem.

I'm asking for a lot so I want to thank you in advance for the help!

2 answers to this question

hey Jase, Shannon here, author of the pattern. What I would do is start with a chain half the length of what the pattern states and just go around, doing your increases on the long ends, evenly spaced. I'm such a by-the-seat-of-my-pants crocheter that I would just mess around until it worked for me, but I think starting with a shorter chain would put you on the right path.

-Shannon

hey Jase, Shannon here, author of the pattern. What I would do is start with a chain half the length of what the pattern states and just go around, doing your increases on the long ends, evenly spaced. I'm such a by-the-seat-of-my-pants crocheter that I would just mess around until it worked for me, but I think starting with a shorter chain would put you on the right path.

-Shannon

Thank you SOOOO much!!! I'm a terrible pattern follower. The first thing I do is wonder how to modify. Bad, I know. I had looked several times at Happy Hooker and my 7 yr old begged me to make her the slippers which is the primary reason I bought the book. So, thanks not only for the pattern, but for the help!!!

Archived