help on LionBrand easy baby sweater

new2crocheting

Question

Hii

I am trying to do this sweater

http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/cms-easyBabySweater.html

I am so much confused.

Q1: in pattern stitch there row 1 , 2 , 3 then it says repeater row 3 for pattern, does that mean that I only make row 1, 2 at the beginning and then only carry on by making row 3? this is what I did actually and it looks similar to the picture,

Q2:in shaping armholes it says:

Shape armholes Maintaining pattern st and stripe sequence, slip st across 4 sts at beg of next 2 rows – 40 (44, 48, 52) sts. Continue as in this way for 12 (13, 14, 15) rows or until armholes measure 4¾ (5, 5½, 5¾) inches. Shape shoulders/neck On left shoulder, work 13 (13, 17, 17) dc for button band. Fasten off.

does that mean that before I do the next following rows, I should slip 4 sts at first? and then carry on? as if I am decreasing?

last question, did they mention what hook size should I use? i couldn't find it anywhere?

Hope someone could understand what I mean, I was going on well but I stopped at shaping armholes. & um sure, i am gonna be stuck somewhere else after I proceed further :think

Thanks a lot in advance 4 any help

1 answer to this question

Q1: in pattern stitch there row 1 , 2 , 3 then it says repeater row 3 for pattern, does that mean that I only make row 1, 2 at the beginning and then only carry on by making row 3? this is what I did actually and it looks similar to the picture,

Yes.

does that mean that before I do the next following rows, I should slip 4 sts at first? and then carry on? as if I am decreasing?

Yes...for 12 rows...or until the armholes measure the proper lenghth.

Over in the MATERIALS list...it says you need an "H" hook.

I hope this helps...Please...post a picture when it is complete.

Archived