Butterfly Blankie from Apr/May '07 Crochet Today

nela42575

Question

I really have more of a question about finishing on this. I'm working on the body now, and in the finishing section it says to "stuff(ing) head lightly as work progresses".

To me, that sounds like only the head, not the rest of the body. But then how do you keep the stuffing from creeping down into the rest of the body? There are no stitches to separate the head & body, just shaping on the outside.

Here is a link to the website so you can at least see a picture of what I'm talking about. Although its hard to tell from the picture whether or not the whole body may be lightly stuffed. I'm SO confused. :think

http://www.crochettoday.com/articlepage.aspx?articleid=129

I'd appreciate any input you guys have on this. Thanks :)

Nora

3 answers to this question

To keep the stuffing from going deeper into the body...you would run a row of stitching (either machine or hand) at the level you think the head should end. I would curve the row so it gives a round look to the head.

This is on my list of things to do....I would just add a line of stitches to keep it in where you want the head to end OR stuff the entire body. Up to you! Let us know how it goes and we want pictures!

Archived