Storing Yarn and UFO's--Plastic Containers/Bags Okay?

I recently read about afghan care and it said not to store your afghans in plastic bags but to wrap them up in old linens or in a pillow case.

Also, I worked with a school art coordinator who said that plastic bins and plastics storage were not good for storing things. She said that cardboard or cardboard file boxes was the best. She said something about moisture in the plastic bags and the contents not being able to "breathe".

I like to use the plastic cases that bedspreads, sheets, curtains, etc., come in.

Anyone know anything about the safest storage methods?

:manyheart:hug

I think it all really depends on where you live. I am in an area with very low humidity so storing in plastic really isn't a problem.

I love the zippered plastic bags the comforters, blankets and sheet sets come in. But usually these have ventilation holes in them somewhere.

I have plastic storage bins on rollers that slide right under my bed. I love them because they are not airtight but keep all the dust and such out of my stash. I have 3, one for Wool, one for cotton, and one for other.

Archived