Tonight I am been designing my version of the classic fat-bottom bag. It will be similar in shape but not exactly the same. (This is a style of bag I've seen for many years, both in crochet and cloth, even leather! In fact, I've made one in upholstery fabric before.) So I grab a skein of natural-colored kitchen cotton and crochet away. A little over half done and another skein is needed. I work it in and only a few stitches later realize, it's not the same kitchen cotton! A quick scan through the house reveals there is not another skein in here exactly like it, although I have three (3!) of the type which doesn't match. Sigh.

We're going to Hobby Lobby tomorrow and I think what I've already started with must be Lily's Sugar 'n Cream because all my other skeins here are Peaches 'n Creme. The label was missing off the one I started with. Wish me luck on matching it! Otherwise I have to start all over. :(

I hope you won't have to start it all over. I hope you will find the matching yarn....sending good vibes your way! :hook

Well, they had Lily Sugar 'n Cream, but it didn't match either. It's OK, really. I got some Lion Cotton at Hancock's in a gorgeous red and am starting again with it. I realized that while the natural I had worked up was going to be alright, I needed to alter the pattern a bit, so this gives me the opportunity to start fresh. All's well that ends well! Thanks so much for your good thoughts!

Archived