Historic/Vintage Crochet

Is there anyone-else who likes figuring out how to do the old patterns/stitches? I'm a Civil War Re-enactor. I've figured how to do a granny triangle shawl. It works up nicely as a camp shawl.

As much as I like to do things from original sources and translating them to modern terms and materials, I also look at modern patterns to see if the design fits with the aestethic of the mid 19th Century.

Any help would be appreciated.

Is there anyone-else who likes figuring out how to do the old patterns/stitches? I'm a Civil War Re-enactor. I've figured how to do a granny triangle shawl. It works up nicely as a camp shawl.

As much as I like to do things from original sources and translating them to modern terms and materials, I also look at modern patterns to see if the design fits with the aestethic of the mid 19th Century.

Any help would be appreciated.

What was the question??? :think

My uncle does the Re-enactments too. He's asked me if I could figure out how to make clothes for them to use in the films they do (I sew too). He said if someone could supply clothes and other things for their re-enactments that the people usually would pay more than normal because it was hand-made.

That's something to look into. I'll let you know if I find anything.

Archived