stuck on increase pattern included

nikita

Question

In Family Circle Easy Crochet Fall/winter 2005 there is a pattern by Kim Kotary for a hooded jacket. I am stuck on the increase of the sleeve after the first full shell is made at the begining and end. It says to work in pattern for 5 rows but the pattern dose not fit full shell.Please direct me as to what goes next in pattern.

Thanks

Olga

ok nobody must have that magazine.Isuppose I could copy the directions in this post would that help anybody willing to help out?

In Family Circle Easy Crochet Fall/winter 2005 there is a pattern by Kim Kotary for a hooded jacket. I am stuck on the increase of the sleeve after the first full shell is made at the begining and end. It says to work in pattern for 5 rows but the pattern dose not fit full shell.Please direct me as to what goes next in pattern.

Thanks

Olga

ok nobody must have that magazine.Isuppose I could copy the directions in this post would that help anybody willing to help out?

Here are the directions for the sleeves that are causing me trouble.

PATTERN STICH

Row 1 WS (foundation ch) Ch 3, *dc in 3rd ch from hook- snall ring made, ch 8; rep from* across, end dc in 3rd ch from hook. Ch 4, turn.

ROW 2 [Tr, ch 1] twice in first ring (be sure to hold foundation ch so that ch sts are on top and dc sts are on the bottom), *skip next 2 ch following ring, sc in next ch, [ch 1, tr] 4 times in next ring-shell made, ch 1; rep from * across, end skip next 2 ch following ring, sc in next ch, [ch1, tr] 3 times in last ring. Ch 1, turn.

ROW 3 Sc in first tr, ch 3, skip next tr,, *tr in each of next 2 tr, ch 3 sc in center ch of shell, ch 3, skip next tr; rep from * across, end tr in each of 2 tr, ch 3, sc in 3rd ch of turnig ch-4. Ch 1 turn.

ROW 4 Sc in first sc, ch 3 *sc in next tr, ch 2, sc in next tr, ch3, sc in next sc**, ch 3; rep from * across, end last rep at **. Ch1, turn.

ROW 5 Sc in first sc, ch 1 ,*[tr, ch 1] 4 tiomes in next ch-2 space, sc in next sc**, ch 1; rep from * across, end last at **. Ch 2, turn.

ROW 6 Tr in next tr, * ch3, sc in center ch of next shell, ch 3, skip next tr, tr in each of next 2 tr; rep from * across, end ch 3, sc in center ch-1 of shell, ch3, skip next tr, tr in next tr, dc in last sc. Ch 1,turn.

ROW 7 Sc in first dc,ch2, *sc in next tr, ch 3, sc in next sc, ch 3, sc in next tr, ch 2; rep from * across, end sc in 2nd ch of turning ch-2. Ch4, turn.

ROW 8 [Tr, ch] twice in first ch-2 space, * sc in next sc, [ch 1, tr] 4 times in next ch-2 space, ch 1; rep from * across, end sc in next sc, [ch 1, tr] 3 times in last ch-2 space. Ch-1, turn. Rep rows 3-8 for pat st.

SLEEVES (make 2)

Row 1 Work row 1 of pat st; rep from *3 times for a total of 5 small rings.

Work pat rows 3-8 twice, but on last rep of row 8, work a full shell at beg and end of row instead of half shell. Work even in pat for 5 rows.(THIS IS WHERE THE PROBLEM STARTS) On next shell row, inc a half-shell at beg and end of row. Work even in pat until piece measures desired length to under arm.

CAP SHAPING

*On next shell row, dec half-shell at beg and end of row. Rep from * once more. Cont in pat, end with a row 4 or 7.

The full shell inc. doesnt fit the next row pattern.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived