I had a dream...

MidnightandOreo

Question

with my daughter wearing a crocheted top that I am trying to figure out how make in real life. I'm not sure of the right terms, but here goes.

It was short-sleeved, and I think it was put together with medallions or a motif or something that I don't know the right word for. Maybe a hexagon shape?

~Does this sound like a pattern anyone has seen? I have tried looking, but I haven't had much luck finding something that resembles it.

~If I can't find one, I would be willing to try to figure out how to make up a pattern, but I don't know about working with different pieces like that, or how to make clothing other than hats. Where would I start? How can I learn what I need to in order to do that?

This has got to be the vaguest post I have ever written.

5 answers to this question

I bought a leaflet from JoAnn's called "Pretty Tops for All Seasons." It's Leisure Arts, but doesn't seem to have a leaflet number on it. It has some short sleeve and long sleeve tops in it that are made up of thread motifs. Next time you are in there, take a look at the back cover and see if any of them are quite right. There is one in there that I absolutely LOVE but I have been too busy with other projects, and I am nervous about making so many motifs to sew together. But it's beautiful! It's V neck and button down. Is your dream image a button down, or a pullover? I wonder if you could do a search for this online and find a site that pictures the back cover of the leaflet, so you can see from home.

Actually, my "To Make" list is long enough that I am taking my time on this; I've gotten as far as investigating thread prices.:blush When I finish something I'll probably "give myself permission" to look for the leaflet on ebay. Maybe I should use up some of my yarn collection first before buying new materials!

Archived