Free Rasta Tam Crochet Pattern - Knotty Generation

flybabytina

Here is the link: http://knottygeneration.blogspot.com/2006/03/free-rasta-tam-crochet-pattern.html

Has anyone ever made this? I tried and mine is waaaay too huge.... I think wehre I messed up was round 6... the way I read it is 2 dc's, 2 dc's, 1 dc is the pattern to repeat, but it ends up like 3 times to many stitches... so it should be 2 dc's, 1 dc is the repeat... Is that right????? I really like the Tam and really want to finish it... thanks for any help...

Tina

hey there... if I am reading this correctly, it should be adding 32 stiches into 96 so that would be 1 in every 3 stiches is the 2 dc which would make the 6th row 128 stiches

sorry... I am a math geek... it is the easiest way for me to figure this stuff out sometimes

• 2 weeks later...

Pam it would help tremendously if the row 6 instructions were clarified better as explained in this thread. Like FlyBabyTina, I ended up with a HUGE hat, reworked row 6 thru 8 about 4 times each and still came up wrong...(I am horrible at math so I can't figure out stuff like this myself, I rely on my understanding of the pattern directions)

I was almost ready to throw the project in the trash until I found this thread and after reading how it was meant to be my tam turned out perfect! Thanks for the great pattern!

Archived