In search of snaps

nightowl

Hi everyone

Is there such a thing as a snap or press fastener that is long enough to go through thick fabric -- such as crocheted DK weight ribbon and DK chenille?

I've been making some little pouches and roll-up holders for stitch markers and I thought they'd look much better with a snap than with a button for closure. I tried the standard snaps with prongs, then the type with a central post, but neither of them was long enough to cope with the fabric. I've Googled until I'm blue in the face :haha but couldn't find anything that seemed to be what I need.

I've seen those sew-on magnetic closures sold for bags/purses but those are designed to be hidden inside the bag; what I really want are the snaps with a decorative cap that shows on the outside. What's really annoying is that I based the dimensions of my pouches on a little quilted one I was given, and that fastens with exactly the type of snap I want! So someone must make them! Does anybody have any idea what these might be called and where I can find them, preferably online, please?

Getting ready to snap myself. . . :rofl a cross-eyed from Googling. . .

Archived