Need help with steel hook case pattern!!!

jthom

Question

I hope someone out there can help me!!! I copied a free pattern from Priscilla Hewitt website. This project is a case for steel crochet hooks. I am on row 22, and I think that the pattern is wrong- has anyone attempted this project, or could an experienced crocheter please look at this project? My problem is that the instructions as shown will put you in the wrong place to close the pocket on row 24. (To get to the pattern, go to Priscilla's website crochet cottage)

Thanks!!!!!!

4 answers to this question

I made this case several years ago. (My copy says I printed it back in 2001!) I didn't make any notes about it, but I do vaguely remember that mine doesn't look like the photo. It still turned out ok, just not quite as pictured. I'm thinking I might have repeated rows 2-19 instead of starting at 1, but I don't remember for certain.

I had the same problem when I tried to make the case--no matter what I did, it wasn't coming out right. I believe that, yes, the pattern was wrong.

I ended up just making a different case...my pattern-adjusting skills weren't quite developed. :lol

Thanks for the response!! I believe what Julie said should be the fix- Priscilla has two other case patterns-one she starts back on row 2, the other she added an additional row (These were regular hook cases). I plan to start on row 2 and adjust the binding cover as necessary. Guess I learned a lesson about doing free patterns from the internet......!!!

Archived