Pet publication peeves

Carol

I could not figure out about this rant until it dawned on me that you gals were speaking of books with GARMENTS! I own at least 10 crochet books and most only have beginning instructions that use up, at most 10 pages (about 10% of book). However, all my books are for afghans as I don't crochet clothing items. In addition, afghan books have all skill levels, rather than beginning only.

Now, that said, I too would like to make a garment like a pullover. I normally knit sweaters and pullovers. Why? I can't get much information on how to fit it to my body type (fluffy and busty) using crochet instructions. As another poster said, size 8, 10 and 12 don't fit more than half of American women, so why not give more direction on adjustments? Somewhere?

Stephanie

<<They assume you want to read the book because you already know how to knit, and if you don't you will learn it somewhere else. If knitting books can do it why can't crochet books?>>

You know, every quilting book used to have all the beginner instructions. It wasn't until there was a huge quanitity of quilting books that they stopped doing that and assumed you were at least an experienced beginner. I think knitting may have reached that point as well.

Stephanie

Archived