Squares?

pugmum

Question

Hi! I'm new here, but I have learned much from all of the talented crochet artists! I have been working on an afghan, it's a bunch of squares, and I'm making it with Lionbrand Homespun, different colors. I really like that patchwork quilt-type look so that is what I'm aiming for. As I was whipping out squares, I thought, well, maybe I should just continue to add onto the square in another color which would be the next square...am I making sense here? In other words, just changing colors, but keeping the crocheting continual...it's pretty easy the way I'm doing it because I finish and square and then immediately begin one.

My question is...will it look as good as whipstitching a bunch of squares together? I'm not sure it is going to have the bulk and strength that individual squares would.

I don't know, I have restarted this project a zillion times, so can someone suggest the best way to do it, please? :think

Thanks!

Kelli

1 answer to this question

Sounds interesting. A few months ago, I did something similar. Using my scrap Red Heart yarn, I crocheted strips in double crochet, changing colors every 10 rows. I whipstitched the strips together using one color-yellow. It turned out looking very quilt-like, and I was very pleased. I don't know how Homespun would look, though.

Archived