Cupcake from Happy Hooker! And Other Musings

I wasn't sure where to post this so....

I started "cupcake" from the Happy Hooker this weekend. have any of you tried this one? It works up so fast! I started Saturday evening and finished the front and back by Sunday afternoon. All I have left is the sleeves and finishing.

I finally got around to sewing up "Stacy" from "Cool Crochet". It fit like a glove EXCEPT for the front part (it is raglan design) where the shaping was. I turned it backwards and it looked fine so I will make it yet again (4th time!) but leave out the final front shaping stitches.

I couldn't bear to frog this one again though so I put 3 rows of sc around the neckline, increasing, decreasing and praying all the way. I blocked it again Saturday night and it looks awesome! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope "cupcake" doesn't put me through the same angst as "Stacy"...so far it looks like it will be a winner if I don't mess up the edging:)

o, I love the look of "cupcake" in that book, I wanted to try it! first in that book I want to try the seamless shirt. I've never made clothes, the shawl I'm working on now is my biggest project yet. but I learned the V stitch from the Happy Hooker book and I looove it. I also can't wait to make the skirt and bunny from that book. it's awesome! glad to hear that "cupcake" is working up fast, are you doing it in the color suggested or something else? I don't quite like how pastel it is, for me at least. be sure to post pictures when you've finished!

I used TLC cotton plus in yellow...I LOVE cotton plus! :) I don't care for pastel purples...lavender just doesn't do it for me. I used yellow because I NEVER wear yellow and I am trying to get out of the box!:lol I am not sure I will use the ribbon either, but we'll see. I am hoping to block and sew it this weekend.

The V-stitch is so versatile isn't it? I love it too! I made a beautiful scarf from Patons Brilliant in burgundy with all V-stitch for my niece. I was so happy with the result!

That seamless sweater is awesome! THAT is definitely on my to do list!

Archived