Not enough contrast!!!

Lisa A.

Question

Help!!!

I just introduced myself upstairs!! LOL

This is my problem. I'm crocheting a personalized afghan in cotton candy pink. I used http://www.crochetkim.com/patterns/perbaby.html as a guide and expanded from there. The baby's name is crocheted in white. It took me all weekend to do, and I'm having a hard time seeing it!!! I asked my husband and my kids, and they are having a hard time seeing it, too. There isn't enough contrast between the pink and white to make the name stand out.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can outline the name? I tried outlining the name with a slip stitch in white, but it's still not enough of a pop. I'm thinking about crocheting a lacey edging out of thread around the name. I'm just hoping that you guys have some other suggestions that I can explore. I know it's not hopeless, so I'm not too upset. The blanket is coming out better than I ever thought it would, so I'm very optimistic. There's a solution out there and I just need to find it!!! LOL:think

Thanks,

Lisa A.

2 answers to this question

I think I might try this: Using a darker pink in a sport or baby weight yarn, or even a heavy thread, just do a chain stitch through the blanket all around the letters. If you haven't done this, weave the end of the yarn on the back side of the blanket where you are going to start. On the front side, insert your hook in a spot and pull up a loop of the contrasting yarn. Move up a stitch and insert your hook and pull up another loop and draw it through the first loop. Continue around the letter until you reach the beginning. Then cut the yarn, leaving about 9" or so and put your hook into the spot where you first started, pulling the yarn completely through to the front of the afghan and the loop on your hook. Using a yarn needle, take the yarn over the last loop and through to the back of the afghan. Weave in the ends.

Archived