Cutting Edge Green Shrug?

Angelhair

Question

Hi guys,

Has anyone else tried making the Green Shrug from Cutting Edge magazine?

I think there is an error in Row 6 of the 2nd half, its not coming out symmetrical to the first side...I think they just "copy&pasted" from the first row 6 but its not working in the opposite direction... but I am not sure the best way to do that row because it starts and ends on the wrong stitch...

I wrote to the email given in the mag but it bounced back.

I'm hoping someone has attempted it and knows of a solution

5 answers to this question

I winged it a bit by slip stitching to the center of the scallop in the previous row and just working from there...I havent joined the 2 sides but it seems you need 10 inch shoulder span to wear it though lol

I winged it a bit by slip stitching to the center of the scallop in the previous row and just working from there...I havent joined the 2 sides but it seems you need 10 inch shoulder span to wear it though lol

Well, I basically finished this tonight. I didn't have the same problem with row 6, however, I'm so upset at how small it is. One size fits small/medium? I don't think so. I'm fairly petite and this doesn't fit me at all. I'm going to have to frog the whole thing. Not even sure how to make it bigger. And you know, I did the gauge and mine was way off, but bigger. I don't understand how magazines publish these patterns. Not to mention that there are several minor errors. Like on the second side it says to chain 25. No, it's chain 26. Things like that. I really love this design and I'm so disappointed.

oh weird! Maybe because I'm left handed?

And mine turned out to fit a 10 year old lol I'm going to rty it with a P hook and adding another ch 4 at the beginning and an extra scallop

Archived