Lion Brand Landscapes Question from a Newbie

Jenilynn60

I have been lurking for a while and getting some fabulous ideas and help and finally decided to join. Has anyone used the Lion Brand Landscapes yarn for a project and then tried to felt it? I checked out the Lion Brand website and they give a little info on what the yarn is and how to felt it; however, what I'm wondering is just exactly how much shrinkage I'm going to get when I do felt it. I'm making a medium sized (9" x 11" after felting, hopefully) purse and just don't have a clue how big to make it. This is what the Lion Brand website says about the yarn:

"Landscapes is a yarn made with an acrylic core [50%] that is wrapped with a wool wrap [50%]. It does not felt exactly as 100% Wool felts and may need additional washing to fully felt."

Doesn't sound to me like it would shrink too awfully much, I just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with it.

Thanks!

Yes, I have used it for felting. I made the tote from FCEC Crochet and it turned out neat! Because it's only 1/2 wool it didn't shrink like 100% wool would but I still love the way mine turned out. In fact, it turned almost speckled. Below are my before and after pics... One suggestion: Make something small as the skeins are $6.99 each and they are rather small. I think I used about 15 skeins in all. This made it rather pricey!

totebefore.jpg

toteafter.jpg

Thank you so much - that's one of the bags I've been thinking about making! I wasn't sure if I would need to adjust the pattern since it calls for a worsted weight and Landscapes is a bulky weight. Fifteen skeins, huh? But your tote turned out beautifully! I just might have to try it.

Thanks again!

Archived