Illustrated Knit and Crochet

Several days ago, I recieved a book from Amazon that I had not ordered. The book is "Illustrated Knit and Crochet" by Rob Maran. I emailed Amazon and inquired whether or not I had been sent the package by mistake. They responded saying that it was a gift from Mr. Maran. well, ok, but I don't have a clue who this guy is. i'm wondering if any of you guys got one too, maybe its some mass mailing promo thing. i dunno.

Oh I forgot to mention, the author sent me the copy. That's why I was kinda wondering was this some mass promotion of the book, you know, send a free copy to some ? number of people to get the word out. anyways, I'll probably end up giving it away, because i dont knit, and i think that at this late in the game i probably wont learn, and the crochet section is about 1/8 the size of the knit section. and it only covers the very basics in both, so I dont really need it. matter of fact, if anybody wants to pay the shipping, i'll be glad to mail it off to you. is that legal? somebody clue me in if that's a no-no. i have paypal, makes it easy. and here's the weird part, i've searched on amazon on the book and the author, and this book does not come up. it is indeed a mystery.

UPDATE: I got a taker for it. Still curious though about why and how I got it.

Archived