Need Help Understanding Pattern Intructions

Aluth

Question

Im working on a reindeer amigurumi pattern I found here: http://www.dendennis.nl/patronen/free-patterns-english/free-pattern-winter-reindeer-bust.html

I’m currently working on the mouth portion of the reindeer and I am having a difficult time understanding the following lines:

Rnd 1: chain 6

Rnd 2: 4 sc, 3 sc in last st, 3 sc, 2 sc in last stitch (12)

I understand the instructions up to “3 sc in last st”. However, at this point in my work, I am at the end of the chain, so I don’t understand where I’m supposed to put the next “3 sc”, followed by the “2 sc in the last st”.

I would appreciate it if someone could clarify this for me. Cheers!

2 answers to this question

Welcome to Crochetville! 

You're making an oval. When you get to the end of the chain, rotate your work so that the 3 stitches in the 6th chain form a rounded end. At this point, the underside of the chain should be on top and the stitches you did on the bottom. Insert your hook under the chain's unused strand(s) for the next sc. Continue along the underside of the chain.

If you're having trouble rotating your work, lay it on a flat surface. Without picking it up, move it clockwise until the end that pointed at 9:00 is pointing at 3:00.

I hope this makes sense! Let us know. 

Archived