Coat pattern help

Sharvk

Question

I think I'm in over my head, but hoping for experienced advice:)

Notes: ch-2 at beg of row counts as first hdc unless otherwise stated.

Yoke:

r1: ch54, sk first 2ch, [sl st in next ch, hdc in next ch] across, turn. (Ok for this)

r2: ch 2 (see pattern notes) [sl st in next hdc, hdc in next sl st] across, to last hdc, sl st in last hdc, leaving last sl st and ch2 unworked, turn. (but I believe this is decreasing number of stitches & diagram shows increase like a trapezoid)

r3: ch2, [sl st in next hdc, hdc in next sl st] across, ending with sl st in last hdc, turn.

Question: starting r3, will I be skipping sl st which finished row or treating starting ch2 as hdc & work into it? Second option seems to increase.

Next rows: rep last row 11 times.

Would dearly love your help.

Don't want this pattern to stump me in the first rows ????

4 answers to this question

hi, welcome to the ville! 

what is the name of the pattern and where is it located?

I think the "pattern notes" may have essential info that you need to read to do it correctly.  

And if there is a stitch symbol diagram, I would definitely go by that.  

Thank you for replying.

Pattern is Swinging Single Coat from Annie's Attic.

The only note was the one about ch2 counting as hdc.

A stitch diagram is not included. Just a picture of shape of yoke - trapezoid shape widening toward neck.

found the book it's in on ravelry http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/sources/annies-attic-871038-crochet-coats

i assume from the cover photo that each pattern is a coat with a collar.  

i don't understand whyt the yoke would be  getting wider toward the neck, unles the wide part is the collar.  but the photos seem to show collars that are not made as one with the yoke.

i don't know the answers to your questions other than to say to follow exactly what the patterns says.  it syas "ending with sl st in last hdc, turn." so if there is a sl at after that, yes, skip it.  count the ch2 as a hdc unless it says not to.

if that doesn't work you could check the Annies site for errata for the pattern, and contact their customer support if needed.  

sorry i'm not more help!  

Archived