Re: Kitty Couches - Pink Bed

JacquiP

Question

Hi All. I am making the cat bed in the attached pattern and am currently stuck. I have crocheted the spiral base of the bed, which was made up of 15 rounds. The 16th round (which is called row 16) cited to dc in each of first 3 sts, hdc in each of next 3 sts, sc in each of next 3 sts, sl st in each of next 3 sts leaving remaining sts unworked. Now, I have progressed to the ruffle, which states, in round one to 'working unworked sts of rnd 15 and in sts of row 16 in front lps only'. So, do you have to work in the front lps for the unworked sts of rnd 15 and row 16 - or just the front lps when working row 16?

In addition, there are no unworked sts in round 15 - all the sts were worked in round 15 - it is round 16 that is incomplete. Also I cannot really fathom what the purpose of row 16 is. 

Any help appreciated xxx

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/kitty-couches---pink-bed

5 answers to this question

Row 16 only works into some of row 15's stitches, so there are unworked stitches in row 15. The instructions want you to work across the entire top, which includes what's left on row 15 plus the new stitches in row 16.

Front loop only @ the end/beginning of a row's instructions means to do front loops for the whole row. You're creating a ridge.

The purpose of row 16 is to add a slope.

Hope this helps!

Row 16 only works into some of row 15's stitches, so there are unworked stitches in row 15. The instructions want you to work across the entire top, which includes what's left on row 15 plus the new stitches in row 16.

Front loop only @ the end/beginning of a row's instructions means to do front loops for the whole row. You're creating a ridge.

The purpose of row 16 is to add a slope.

Hope this helps!

Ahhh, thank you! Really appreciate your help xx

As I am creating a ridge by working in the front loops, do you think the ridge should be on the top side of the work or the underside? I would have thought topside but then the wrong side of the ruffle is showing x

I can't see the actual pattern, so I'm giving advice based on what you're saying and my experience.  Looking at the picture where the ruffle starts, it looks like the ridge is on the wrong side.  Sometimes ridges are used to aide in a right angle.  It looks like it will help the ruffle drape downwards.  (That's a guess.) 

Just keep following the pattern and it will make sense to you down the line.  Sometimes when something doesn't make sense as you're doing it, it'll become clear later.

I can't see the actual pattern, so I'm giving advice based on what you're saying and my experience.  Looking at the picture where the ruffle starts, it looks like the ridge is on the wrong side.  Sometimes ridges are used to aide in a right angle.  It looks like it will help the ruffle drape downwards.  (That's a guess.) 

Just keep following the pattern and it will make sense to you down the line.  Sometimes when something doesn't make sense as you're doing it, it'll become clear later.

Thank you! You are fab! xxx

Archived