stuck on a round

denver11

Question

Just started new project and I have currently 36 stitches on the round and the next round is asking for: (Inc,8sc) 3 times, Inc, 30sc making 62 stitches. I understand what it's asking I think but logically I can't see how you fit 62 stitches into a round of only 36. Can someone please explain.

6 answers to this question

Something is off.  The instructions you typed are saying to increase 4 stitches.  It's also instructions for the previous round to be 58 stitches ((1+8) x 3 + 1 + 30 = 58.)  58 + 4 inc = 62 stitches.  Did you miss a round between 36 stitches and 58 stitches?  What's the link to the pattern?

Ch 2

Rnd 1: 6sc in 2nd ch from hook = 6sts

Rnd 2: (1sc, inc) 3 times = 9sts

Rnd 3: sc around 9sts

Rnd 4: (2sc, inc) 3 times = 12Sts

Rnd 5: sc around 12sts

Rdn 6: (1sc, inc) 6 times = 18sts

Rnd 7: sc around in BLO = 18sts

Rnd 8: (2sc, inc) 6 times = 24sts

Rnd 9: (3sc, inc) 6 times = 30sts

Rnd 10: (4sc, inc) 6 times = 36sts

Rnd 11: sc around 30sts

Then it jumps to round 29 which is where I am stuck. From round 11 - 28 I've just repeated and done 30sts around for 18 rounds.

Rnd 29: (Inc, 8sc) 3 times, Inc, 30sc = 62sts

The pattern is from etsy.

There has to be increases between rounds 11-28.  Somewhere in there it adds 22 stitches to go from 36-58.  Round 28 should be 58 stitches.  What's the link to the pattern?

Also, it's against the copyright policy to post that much of a pattern.  You can post a couple of rows/rounds, but not that many.  Amy will probably delete them.  It's better to post links to the picture and/or pattern with a couple of the rows/rounds.

You might want to write to the author and ask her how to get from 36 stitches in round 11 to 58 stitches in round 28.

Archived